Almost always I am my own worst creative block and hindrance…
[Dragon boots – aka shoes👞, – by Android Homme — check them out if you want some fire🔥 on your feet 👣 to blaze your own trail in style.]
I made this video about reprogramming oneself for creative freedom and as another ode to my #LearnByDoing process of creation & self-evolution.
It has taken me over a month to finally put it up… I am quite the oxymoron at times… LOL at myself!
Once again my own self-judgement and fear of showing and sharing my work in its unperfected form held me back from just releasing it and then moving onto the next project. I still have plenty of work to do as a “recovering perfectionist.”
Oh well, better late than never right?! And I am getting faster. It took me over six months to post my shoddy “Starting Before You’re Ready” video.
So what have I learned from making this video (LearningRake)?
- ALWAYS PRACTICE LIKE IT IS THE REAL THING. When I was filming this I was originally intending it to just be practice. So, the backdrop of the video is a bit of a mess. Yet, when all is said and done I believe I achieved a new level of personal authenticity on camera. The more I film the more I am able to really just be me, the person you would interact with in life. However, after filming 6 different takes I didn’t have any more creative energy to film it again with the backdrop cleaned up.
- 🗝 KEY TAKE AWAY (aka ” The Rake“): Always play and practice like it’s the real thing! That way if you get the perfect take where your voice, ideas, and personality are flowing you don’t feel like your lack of a preparation is holding you back (my setting/backdrop in this case). This same idea applies to life. It’s like going to an event where you know you might meet the most pivotal person for your business and not having something to exchange information with (pen, phone, business card) or not dressing the part to the point where you aren’t taken seriously. The world is your catwalk. Even when playing, play like you are going to ROCK the show.
- KNOW YOUR FACTS! AND FACT-CHECK/DOUBLE-CHECK BEFORE SHOWTIME. I made some assumptions about the product I was representing without doing my homework and making sure I had the details right. In the case of this video I said the shoes were python when they were really bison. It may not be a big deal to most, but I was telling an intimate story about a dear friend and his company. My lack of attention to detail demonstrates my amateur point in my evolution as I look to become an online voice of human potential, fashion, & fitness. I am okay with this, but as part of my commitment to being a professional it is good for me acknowledge the mistakes, learn from them, and grow!
- 🗝 The Rake: Fact-check before showtime/go-time. Know what you are talking about when presenting publicly (especially online).
- PUT IT INTO ACTION. People love to see things in action. The entire time I am talking about these amazing shoes that were gifted to me and how stylish they were and how they were my dragon boots that would allow me to fly even higher and I didn’t even put them on… Another mistake I am committed to learning from.
- 💫 The Rake: Talk the talk AND walk the talk. Literally & figuratively. Next time I’ll put the product/idea/business into ACTION. Always have a bias towards action.
- Most of my creative work (writing & videos) is way too long and I cover way too much. If I want to be of SERVICE in the current world we live in I have to learn to put my creative work into a form that is appetizing for people to consume online. Both my creative coaches have told me this. Many of my friends at Facebook, YouTube, & Instagram have told me this. And still I am making videos over 7 minutes long… I have been hearing this from my creative clan for over a year now… Sometimes I am a very slow learner.
- ♻️ The Rake: Make more hard & fast hitting videos and written posts that cover a very narrow subject (maybe even only one tiny concept). The bigger picture here is to always make & deliver things in a form in which they can easily be consumed in the most appetizing way possible (product/market-fit so to speak).
In closing, here is your (yes, you the reader) learning/growth opportunity, aka Alchemical Opportunity…
☯ ALCHEMICAL OPPORTUNITY: What is one thing you could do today or this week that would lead you to a greater sense of creative freedom & authentic personal expression?
It could be tiny or big. Doesn’t matter. What matters is CHOOSING one thing and taking ACTION. Good luck! 🙏🏼 😄 💓
And now it’s time to soar like a DRAGON! 🐉
In Alchemy & Service,
P.S. I am finally on SNAPCHAT 👻 … Only took me a few years… LOL! Add me here @lifesrake
A huge part of SUSTAINABLE & ongoing TRANSFORMATION is CONSISTENCY. Here is an easy way to stay consistent… Get a partner! 👥 Join me & we will transform together! Sign up for my newsletter & I will keep bringing you fun & fascinating ways to keep the fire of transformation burning hot! 🔥 🌒 🔥
Sign up right here! 👇🏼
Join the alchemical ADVENTURE aka ALCHEMIZED: